Source is responsible for revolutionising the Southern African design and craft industry through innovative product development, global exposure and facilitating the rigorous requirements of international export and supply to global retailers.
Trevyn and Julian McGowan set up their export company, Source, in 2003 on relocating to South Africa after 22 years in the design industry in London. They had fallen in love with the authentic, handcrafted work they found, and were passionate about sharing this artisanal homeware with the rest of the world.
From the outset, Source has supplied the most distinctive international stores with fresh and authentic product. Over the years, Source's client base has grown to include iconic retailers such as The Conran Shop, Anthropologie, Jamie Oliver, ABC Carpet and Home, West Elm, Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, Liberty, Sundance and many more.
Today, Source is the primary agency for the representation of South African design, facilitating the majority of design and craft exports worldwide and offering a turnkey service to clients from sourcing, development, logistics and financial management to 'design under licence' programmes.
As founders of The Guild Group, the McGowan's established multiple design platforms including Source, Southern Guild collectible design gallery, Guild studio and concept store, Odeon homeware stores and a number of design related development programmes.
Their pioneering vision and insight into global design markets has earned them places on USA Art+Auction magazine’s 'Power 100' list of the most influential players in the global art world, City Press 100 world Class South Africans and Fast Company’s Most Creative People in Business.
Based in Cape Town, the Source team runs a dynamic, focused agency, with value placed on clients' unique needs, ensuring that all requirements are met with efficiency, reliability and integrity.
Source facilitates every aspect of the supply chain process including:
• Product presentation
• Local buying trips
• Design development, prototyping and sampling
• Testing and compliancy
• Order processing and monitoring
• Labeling, packaging and inspecting
• Logistics, consolidation and shipping
• International documentation and customs requirements
• Financial management
With discretion, confidentiality and commitment to our clients, we ensure that Southern African product remains fresh, original and exclusive in the global marketplace.
• Source is a wholesale platform that supplies product directly to retailers, architects, interior designers and the hospitality industry.
• Our minimum order value is R30 000/$2000 per order and we do not sell directly to consumers.
• New customers must register by completing the online form and submitting it for approval. This will take a maximum of 48 hours. Once your account has been approved, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
• If you are an existing customer you should have received an email from us with your login details, but please let us know if you need it resent.
• Log in to our website, browse through our categories and add your selection to your cart. Once you are happy with your choices, press send.
• When we receive your order, we will confirm it with our suppliers and revert with an estimated lead time. Source will manage production, shipping and after sales service to your complete satisfaction.
FOUR REASONS TO CHOOSE SOURCE
Handmade, artisanal, eco-conscious and socially responsible.
Elevated curation and product from hundreds of suppliers across dozens of categories.
Fully comprehensive service at every stage of the supply chain
Supplying curated African design to leading global retailers for 15 years.